Fly down to the ground, look out from a window of an existing building or stand on a balcony of a planned building to get the natural first-person perspective has been the most requested feature in CityPlanner. Now you can. We’re happy to launch CityPlanner ground navigation – available as of right now for all users.
Release information and news about CityPlanner
For WebGL and Offline, it is now possible to upload a shape file that defines a terrain modification in a layer.
The Shape file
The Shape file has to be defined in the same coordinate system as your background data. The shape can consist of one or several polygons that each can have different height modification settings.
Here’s an example of a shape file that has one polygon and height and color attribute which will be used for the terrain modification.
Create a new layer or modify an existing layer. In “Scenery modification”, click the “Upload shape file” button and select your file.
After upload, you can customize terrain height, surface color and opacity. Terrain height is defined relative from absolute zero altitude. You can type in a value manually for all surfaces or use a value from a linked attribute defined for each surface geometry in the Shape file. Color can be set manually for all surfaces or mapped from a linked attribute per surface.
Note: The terrain modification will not be visible in the Java editor, you have to switch to the webgl project view to see the result.
We are super excited to launch this major update with lots of new features and fixes. Not to mention that CityPlanner is getting a facelift with a modern design and better admin pages user experience.
Here’s whats new in this release:
- New design for landing page and admin pages
- Ground navigation mode. Move and look around on ground, existing buildings in 3D-city model and uploaded 3D-models
- Terrain modification with uploaded Shape file (WebGL and Offline only)
- Draw order on terrain for WMS, Shape, Images. Set the order in which terrain textured layers are drawn. Works globally in the project
- Mipmap support for textures
- New design for default POI Icons
- Search projects in admin project list pages
- Offline sync updates itself, no need to manually download (you need to download this version though for the bug fix)
- Point of interest uploaded pictures now maintains aspect ratio
- Terrain modifications are now the same height for Java, WebGL and Offline
- Project title shown in description popup when opened from a Portal and not the portal title
- Layer access setting fix. Layers no longer needs Access Everyone to be shown for invited project members in WebGL and Offline
- Offline touch tilt lag mitigated
- Embed code serves the correct project template now
- Support form easier to find
Let us know what you think!
Send us an email to email@example.com and give us feedback.
The CityPlanner Editor is getting a complete redesign. We need your help to understand how we can improve the user experience and prioritize new features.
Take the survey and help us improve.
The new Project View with Dialogue features has been released for public beta test. The purpose of this public test is to get feedback on both bugs and usability. The new template is available to all, but the Dialogue features requires an active Dialogue module subscription to use.
A complete walk through of the features and how to customize will follow shortly.
Here’s how you activate it in a project:
- Create a project or edit an existing.
- Go the General settings for your project.
- Change template to “Project view 2016 BETA” and click save.
Found a bug?
If you find issues or want to comment on usability, use the built in support form in CityPlanner or join the CityPlanner User Group on LinkedIn.
CityPlanner has been updated with the following new features and bug fixes:
- Update and feature news flash on the CityPlanner project page – you’re looking at it
- Shape files color fix – now Shapes can have individual colors.
- Uploaded 3D models disappeared in some angles. This is now fixed.
CityPlanner Offline fixes and updates:
- Offline fix for navigation lock on project exit camera animation.
- Offline license no longer locks to IP address of computer.
- Offline is updated with revised icons, portal menu enhancements and minor graphical updates.
Note: you need to download a new sync.exe from your CityPlannerOnline account and the license might have to be entered again after update.
Last versions of Sketchup (2013,2014,2015) have recently change the import specification for collada and kmz ending up in that importing from Cityplanner export have crashed.
This issue is now resolved and also exporting large datasets from Cityplanner have been optimized when it comes to the memory consumption. Still exporting large datasets needs to run 64-bit browser to handle memory consumption.
Also the Sketchup function “geo-located” have been changed or suffer from a unwanted bug (Still works in Sketchup 8). Importing a kmz-file in Sketch shows that the model is not geo-located (small icon down in the left).
But there is a work-around, so just by changing the correct value back and forth geo-locates the imported file. This only works handling import of 1 file so your Cityplaner export should be done as combined.
See screen-shots below.
End of last year we started to update Cityplanner to support WebGL in desktop browser also meant that we were preparing Cityplanner for mobile support with WebGL.
When Apple finally released iOS 8, that now also have support for WebGL in Safari we started our development work.
In the Cityplanner back-end we now create 3 different texture formats for desktop, iOS (PVR) and Android (ETC).
Since the release of 3DMaps version 4.0 also Cityplaner backend is updated to support mobile devices.
If you not yet ordered support in your enviroment, please contact your sales contact.
Visualization of the City’s investments over time adds a new dimension. To discuss and plan the municipality’s investment budget preparation and monitoring is complex and it´s difficult to get a common picture of the situation and the relationship between different aspects. Agency9, together with Linköping Municipality has developed a solution for this. City Planner 4D initiated by Finance Director of Linköping in consultation with the local map / measure unit. Linköping wanted ,for internal budget preparation, to have an opportunity to visualize investment in a structured and educational way. We worked with Linkoping to create this based on the City Planner and delivered a solution that is used in meetings with great appreciation. The solution is popularly known as the “City Planner 4D” developed in projects with joint municipal funding which together govern the new development and maintenance. Now, several municipalities have shown interest and have signed up to use and further develop this concept. Implementation of what is described below is a direct extension of our City Planner.
Below you see a short videoclip from the first version.
Norrköping and Gothenburg have also joined the project with their demands and visions.
Main functions today:
- Show investments in 3D city models with a variety of icons showing location.
- Show/hide projects based on categories.
- Time slider control for selecting projects under implementation selected years.
- Display of costs per project and a total of a year in city models and graphs.
- Forecast and trends of population in each district as 3D visualization and graphs.
- Analyze and visualize planned residential project based on phases and capacity.
- Integrated in Cityplanner for easy administration.
- Support in Offline/Mobile and desktop
Screenshot 4D Projects
Screenshot 4D Residential projects
Screenshot 4D Population forecast
Make sure to run the Offline Sync application to get the latest CityPlanner Offline Viewer. The new version has:
* Graphics settings mode – Try the Extreme mode if you feel brave
* Autopilot camera speed setting
* Kiosk Setting – If in Kiosk mode, then the Viewer locks to a Portal with no way for a user to get back to Portal Select menu
111 60 Stockholm
+46 8 30 19 03
977 75 Luleå