With Form Builder, you can add your own unique forms to any CityPlanner project or portal. This functionality is part of the Dialogue add-on module and the new Project 2016 interface.
1. Activate Dialogue
- Start by creating a new project or opening an existing project.
- Make sure the Project 2016 interface is selected in General settings.
- Click Dialogue settings.
- Check Enable Dialogue to activate the module on this project.
- Click Save and go back to the project page.
2. Build the Form
- Form Builder lets you build the dialogue form interactively with instant preview.
- Sections are basically the pages in the form. The sections can have a start view, title and components.
- You can add, remove and reorder sections by dragging and dropping them.
- Components are added to a section by dragging them into the section. You can reorder components by dragging and dropping them.
- After you drag a component to a section, you can edit the component properties.
- Any component can be set to be mandatory or not to submit the form.
Click a component from the list below for more information:
The Information component is used to display instructions or other one-way information to the user.
You can add questions with different reply types such as text area or single line, as well as allowing single option and multiple option answers.
The Create component adds draw tools to the form. You can customize the names of the tools to best suit your project and choose which ones to include. By default the user can mark positions, draw lines and areas.
- Drag the Category component to the section you wan to use it in. Categories can only be used once in a form.
- Categories have a title, color and in future versions an icon.
- You can set the component to switch to the Marker tool automatically when the user selects a category.
You can allow the user to upload and attach files by using the Attachment component.
The Text Field component is a text area with optional instructions or text used as placeholder. It disappears when the user clicks on the field. You can set the size of the area to fit the input.
This component lets you ask questions with smiley faces as answer options. It can be used to ask questions in a more friendly way or in projects targeting a younger audience.
This component lets you configure what you want the respondent to enter about themselves. Field labels can be customized and you can set which fields are mandatory to submit the form.
After Submit settings
- Here you can edit what is shown to the user after a form has been submitted.
- Set if you want submissions be published automatically or after admin approval.
- Submitted forms can automatically be sent in an email to an address you configure. You can also specify a second address which only receives submissions with the Legal Submission checkbox checked.
3. Publish the form
- Customize the button labels and icons in the General settings->Customize->Dialogue.
- Set the Form to Published in Form Builder.
- To moderate submissions, you need to be logged in and open the project view. A button appears when viewing a suggestion which lets you publish or unpublish the submission.